This project examines the various learning journeys, including, transitions, stop outs, and completions of students enrolled in a CBE program.
Key research questions include:
- Who are these students and how do they compare to claims about who does and does not complete a college degree?
- What motivated these students to return to school and why did they choose a CBE program?
- What are the learning journeys they followed from first entry into college through to graduation?
- What barriers and supports do they report having encountered in these journeys in general and in their CBE program in particular?
- What personal, professional, and community outcomes do they attribute to their CBE experience?
Research questions will be answered using data from a cohort of 21 students enrolled in a CBE program, focusing on the 17 that graduated. The study design is a qualitative, longitudinal study which includes analysis of interviews, transcripts, and writing samples.
Michelle Navarre Cleary, College Unbound